Student Supports at Pawnee Elementary
Student success is a top priority at Pawnee. In order to ensure that students find success, OPS has developed a framework of best practices for supporting student behavior throughout the school day. This framework, MTSS-B (Multi-Tiered Systems of Support for Behavior), includes evidence-based practices that have been proven to lead to more positive outcomes for students. Some of the most powerful practices faculty and staff use include:
- Using our "Pawnee Expectations" matrix, teachers develop and teach all students our school and classroom expectations
- Acknowledging positive behavior when we see it
- Consistently practicing strategies that prevent problem behavior before it happens
- Establishing consistent consequences
- Using data to make decisions
At Pawnee, we work diligently throughout the school year to teach our expectations and acknowledge positive behavior when we see it. We know we are laying the foundation for a productive and positive school year.